what game engine and language did u use to make this game?
Deeper Into Space
A downloadable game for Windows
Launch into space and fight your way through procedurally generated systems of ever increasing danger. Explore the galaxy as you travel, all the while maintaining your jump fuel and oxygen reserves.
Deeper Into Space is a single player, 2D space survival/shooter, with rogue-like elements, for Windows.
How deep into space can you go?
Deeper Into Space is in development, and as a result is likely to evolve with player feedback. The game is an entirely solo project, so player feedback is vital to the future development of the game. If you purchase the game now, all future updates will be free!
Follow me on twitter for updates on the game: @JRoberts_Games
Currently, the player can fight their way from system to system, levelling up their ship as they progress. Right now there are 16 different enemy types and one Boss enemy. Bosses are optional enemies and can usually be avoided if you don't have the guts, but they offer great rewards if you can take them down. At the moment you can progress for as long as you can survive. There is no 'end'.
Latest Additions and Changes (Version 0.3.0)
- Ported to Gamemaker 2
- Added new currency - Credits
- New starting shop - Unlock new things with credits
- Boss drops Credits when defeated
- Dynamic HUD
- Updated visuals
- Fixed Seeker enemies getting tossed about
- Fixed Splitter Gun unlock message displaying incorrectly
- Updated Demo
- New Trailer
- Multiple weapons, equipment and enemies. Unlock new weapons and equipment: The more you play, the more you unlock!
- Procedural levels.
- Stat tracking.
- Local high scores.
- Gamepad support.
- More content! Weapons, equipment, enemies etc.
- Different 'zones' with different planet types and enemies.
- Random missions to complete to earn credits. These will be simple tasks; destroy all enemies in the system, visit every sector in the system, jump to the next system within a time frame etc.
- More rare, unique enemies and bosses that will drop credits when they are defeated.
In the demo version of Deeper Into Space, only a few of the weapons and equipment are available to unlock. In addition, the only oxygen you will receive will be the canister you start with. This means your O2 will eventually run out, and you will perish. In the full version, additional O2 can be found, so you can continue to progress. This should still be enough to give you a good taste of the full version.
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Bfxr, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Exploration, Physics, Procedural Generation, Retro, Roguelike, Space, Top down shooter, Twin Stick Shooter, Vector|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 0.3.1Sep 29, 2019
- Version 0.3.0Sep 13, 2019
- Version 0.2.0Jun 08, 2018
- Version 0.1.5May 25, 2018
- Version 0.1.4May 18, 2018
- Version 0.1.3May 11, 2018
- Version 0.1.2May 04, 2018
- Version 0.1.1Apr 27, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The current version is made with Gamemaker 1.4, so the language is GML. However, I'm currently porting it to Gamemaker 2 for the up coming update.
Will it eventually be on Steam? Will purchasers (here) get a Steam key? Thanks for making this!
I would eventually like to get the game to Steam, but not until it is in a more complete state. itch.io keeps a log of every purchase, so if and when it does make it to Steam, sending Steam keys to people who have already purchased here should not be a problem.
Thanks a lot for playing!